I should really learn to not get too excited about things.
Last night was just like the previous night. Nick fell asleep in my arms, I laid him down in his crib, he started to stir but rolled to his belly, and passed out. For all of 20 minutes. Then he woke up screaming like someone was torturing him with a red hot poker.
Finally after nearly 45 minutes of the horrible screaming, I asked Todd to go in and rub his back briefly.
But that husband of mine...boy is he a push-over. He stood there and rubbed Nick's back for damn near 30 minutes.
Typically when I go in to rub Nick's back when he's screaming, it's very quick and brief...a short little rub, a quiet "you're ok, baby" and then back out the door. He immediately starts crying again, but not nearly as hard and typically falls asleep shortly there after.
But Todd said every time he started to step away from Nick's crib, he would pop his head up, look right at Todd, and start to fuss.
Such a sucker! :)
So finally Todd left and Nick saw, but only cried some short, less violent cries, and finally fell asleep. By about 9:00pm.
On the plus side, as Todd and I sat watching the monitor, sending Nick "you can do it, buddy! fall asleep!" ESP messages, we managed to spend over an hour talking about anything and everything in life. It's been a long time since we had an actual conversation that wasn't interrupted by the baby, TV, or phone. It was truly enjoyable. You know, minus the crying coming from down the hall... ;)
Anyway, here's hoping it was a fluke, and tonight is another good night of sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment