(I admit...these pictures are a teeny bit misleading, as they were taken at the beginning of week 27...but I feel as though my "ballooning" has slowed a bit, so I'm about this same size. Plus these two pictures were taken very late at night, after I'd spent the day swelling...so they are pretty much on target for my current size at 28 weeks.)

This week, according to baby center, baby boy weighs about 2 and a quarter pounds...roughly the size of a Chinese cabbage.

(yes, I had to google this because I wasn't sure what a Chinese cabbage looked like. now that I see it, I'm craving salad. Or coleslaw.)
He is also now measuring about 14.8 inches from the top of his head, to his heels. There is a baby over a FOOT LONG in my belly! He can also open and close his eyes, which now have eyelashes. And I'm seriously hoping he ends up inheriting my mom's/brother's eyelashes.
So here's what's been happening this week:
How far along: 28 weeks. Welcome to the 3rd Trimester, the home stretch, the whole shebang...you get the picture.
Maternity clothes: obviously. I wore one of the very first shirts I purchased after I found out I was preggo in the photos below. When I bought the shirt it was so very huge, I tried it on and giggled at the thought of ever being able to fit in to it. Lo and behold, now it's one of the most suitable items I own. Everything else is starting to shrink up just a bit. That, or I'm just expanding...
Sleep: Surprisingly, sleep is getting better. Granted I still swear by my snoogle, and that's probably why my back no longer hurts when I get up in the morning. But the past couple of days, I've been ditching the snoogle after my last wee-hours-of-the-morning potty break (around 3:30 or 4:00am) and sleeping all on my own for about 2 hours or so. And I actually can't wait to be free of the snoogle. Yes, it helps immensely...but it is so restricting, and I feel like a contortionist trying to get back in a pretzel shape every time I get up to pee in the middle of the night.
Best moment(s) of the week: Thanksgiving feasting! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with too much food and a lot of special memories with my family on Thursday, and then drove down to have more deliciousness and bonding with Todd's family on Friday. And while all of the Thanksgiving yummy-ness made baby boy and I very happy, no food items could beat the delicious Mexican food we ate in Hampton, VA at Plaza Azteca on Saturday night. I shall have dreams about that enchilada until our next visit.
Other exciting moments include getting our nursery dresser and crib (the actual crib! There was a bit of a snafu in that the store gave us the wrong crib on the loading dock the first time around. Mom pointed this out to us on Thanksgiving, and I spent much of the day panicking that the crib we really wanted was going to be sold out by the time we got back to the store. Fortunately my parents rock and went to put the correct crib on hold -- and lodge a complaint! -- and we ended up with the correct crib...thanks to Todd and my Dad for their hard labor!)
Movement: Baby boy is a kicker AND a hiccup-er. He moves most of the day. Lately his favorite move has been lodging up in my ribs, so I feel short of breath and pant like I'm going to pass out while I tell stories.
Food cravings: I love it all. It's really getting out of control. I finish one meal and think about what I'll eat at my next meal. This is not helping the double chin. I'm also still craving that enchilada from Plaza Azteca.
Stretch marks: None. I start to feel pretty confident that I won't have many (or any) stretch marks...but then I remember what my mom told me about her stretch marks coming in after we were born. I'm knocking on wood that this won't happen...
Gender: Still boy! Last night I asked Todd if we were "set" on baby boy's name. He said yes. Very confidently. So I asked if we should start calling the baby by his name when we're alone (because we want the name to be a surprise). He also said yes. I have yet to do this...I feel sort of silly calling my belly by a little boy's name. But I think it will help with being used to his name when he arrives.
What I miss: Aside from not having to pee 15 times while watching a movie...or while sleeping...there's really not much that I miss. I am sure this will change in the next 12 weeks, though.
What I'm looking forward to: Christmas! and baby showers! and getting the nursery pulled together! So much to look forward to! :)

(Love this picture so much, I'm considering using it for our Christmas cards!)
No comments:
Post a Comment