Tuesday, October 26, 2010

23 weeks!

Our little boy is the size of a mango this week. I'm so proud! Also, loud noises are now becoming familiar, so things like vacuuming and the dog barking are noises that will likely not bother the baby once they arrive. This means that our child will be super accustomed to his watch-dog big sister. This also means that I better start vacuuming more frequently.

How far along: 23 weeks exactly, today. The other day I whined about something and Todd groaned (I can't remember what) and I told him to "get used to it, because we have 6 more months of this!" and he said "Good Lord, how long do you have to carry that baby?!" clearly my math was a little skewed. As of last Friday, exactly 4 months left until D-Day!

Maternity Clothes: I sadly put on a pre-pregnancy wrap dress this morning, thinking "oh, it's a wrap dress, it expands!" It seemed fine until I looked in the mirror and realized that it did not wrap quite far enough, and it was now about 6 inches too short. I had to dis-robe and put on a maternity dress. I shared this story with mom by email and she said "send me pictures!" So, naturally I did:

Of course it's a little hard to take a picture of yourself with an iPhone that you don't know how to work...so that was the end result. (Anyone out there know how to zoom in/out of pics with the iPhone 4??!?)

Sleep: Refer to my last post. It's starting to really suck. BUT, the silver lining is that less sleep = preparation for getting no sleep when baby boy arrives!

Best moment of the week: Well, contrary to what my previous post might allude to, making the baby registry was a huge highlight this week. It was tedious and overwhelming trying to pick out baby monitors, breast pumps (TMI?), and nursery themes (which I still haven't decided on)...but it was also so incredible to think that in just 4 months, there will be a little boy -- that we made! -- staring up at us from that crib...wearing those teeny clothes...stinking up that diaper genie. Incredible.

ALSO - one of my very best friends for the past 14 years, who now lives in Nashville, came home for her first bridal shower this weekend, which I was fortunate enough to be able to attend. We had the luncheon at a beautiful place called Trummers on Main St. in Clifton, VA. The food was very fancy and delicious, and Sara was spoiled with lots of fabulous shower gifts. I loved being able to celebrate with her, and can't wait for all of the celebrating yet to come! Once I get the pictures transferred from my phone, I'll do a gratuitous food post.

Movement: Pretty consistent. Baby boy loves to be fed. He likes to dance around about 30-45 minutes after I eat.

Food cravings: Nothing unusual still. Although I could still really go for some ahi tuna. I'm planning my first meal, post-baby. It involves sushi and wine.

Stretch marks: Negative. I'm hoping I had enough skin pre-baby, to keep from stretching too thin.

Gender: As far as we know, still a boy :)

What I miss: Apparently sushi and red wine.

What I'm looking forward to: Finishing up the registry. Mom was so sweet to go with me, and she was so supportive the entire time...even when I threw a "I'm too hungry to keep looking at baby stuff, I just want to throw in the towel for the day" fit. She proceeded to take me to Panera. Happiness returned :)

Weekly wisdom: You'll save yourself a lot of time and indecision if you can decide on a nursery theme pre-registering. And even then, you might change your mind...so bring tissues, and be prepared to be overwhelmed. Pregnancy hormones are no joke.

No comments: