
Anyway, as of today I am officially 19 weeks. As in, this time next week I will be 20 weeks, or officially halfway through the pregnancy. How crazy is that?! Time is flyyyyying.
This week baby is the size of an heirloom tomato. Don't worry, I'm planning to write a strongly worded letter to Baby Center dot Com to inform them that their weekly vegetable comparisons are highly lacking for those of us that don't live in farm-fresh produce land. My Giant AND Shoppers both sell baked potatoes larger than bell peppers (last week) and bell peppers larger than tomatoes. Sadly I rarely get to purchase/eat heirloom tomatoes (which are delish, by the way), so I can not give an educated comparison on size. Thus, I'm annoyed at the backward progression in size my potato/pepper/tomato baby is making according to Baby Center.
Regardless, Baby Center is reporting that this week our produce-fresh baby is weighing in at about 8.5 oz and 6 inches long. This is the crucial time for sensory development, and research suggests he/she can now hear us so I should read aloud and sing aloud should a happy tune strike me. This is excellent news. Our baby will be well versed in the ways and insights of Cosmopolitan magazine, as well as be quite familiar with all the words to Usher's "Oh My God", the Bruin fight song, and Michigan's Hail to the Victors. Our work here as parents? Obviously complete.
On to the survey:
How far along: 19 weeks!
Maternity clothes: All day, every day! I'm excited the weather is getting cooler so I can break out some of my fall stuff. I need to invest in another pair of maternity leggings, and a few pairs of maternity tights, since I anticipate living in these items for the next 5 months. Comfort is huge.
Sleep: Still loving sleep. Although I am getting up to go to the little girls room several more times a night. But I do sleep like a rock. Even through my husband waking up and turning on the TV at 2:30am to watch the Ryder Cup. I know, I even impress myself.
Best Moment of the week: last night Lori and Monica came over and did the needle gender prediction test. I won't reveal the results one way or another since we'll have the official results next week, but I will say that they did the test over my belly and over my wrist and both tests had very distinct, but completely opposite, predictions. Lori says I have twins (boy & girl) hiding in there! Let it be known that Lori has been 3 for 3 in the needle prediction test to date, but all three tests were based on the belly only (no wrist test)...so we're going with that prediction and will see if she can keep her streak alive!
Movement: I've decided I have no idea what I'm looking for. I feel "stuff" going on, but I can't figure out if it's gas, bloating, indigestion, ligaments stretching, or if it's really the baby moving. I'm ready for it to just kick the crud out of me so I can actually say "yup, that was a kick!"
Food cravings: It's all delicious. And the worse it is for me, the better it tastes. I have been craving homemade soup for a while so my sweet hubby has been compiling ingredients to make me corn & crab chowder from scratch. I'm pretty excited :).
Gender: We'll know on Tuesday!!
What I'm Looking Forward to: Gender ultrasound, registering, homemade soup...
Weekly Wisdom: If you think you're getting too pregnant to wear something non-maternity, you are. Don't wear it. It'll rip. And then even if you go back to your pre-preggo bod, you still won't be able to wear it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment