Wednesday, October 6, 2010

20 weeks

WELL! Apparently I have been completely off on my dates. Baby center has been sending me my weekly updates on Tuesdays, but for some reason I thought Fridays were my weekly milestone. Wrong! As of yesterday, I was 20 weeks!

And in other news...we had the gender ultrasound (as if my 8 readers, all of whom I'm friends with on facebook, didn't know)...and it's a baby boy!

So since I'm behind, and I won't be around a computer on Friday anyway since I'll be celebrating the marriage of my dear friends Monica and Jarrett (yay!!!), here's the 20 week survey...just a day behind schedule:

How far along: 20 weeks, 1 day

Maternity clothes: Love 'em! Particularly anything I can wear with leggings. This belly is clearly not getting any smaller...

Sleep: Good...but I'm thinking it's probably time I invested in a belly wedge pillow, or between the knees pillow, or something...I need more stability. Oh, and this whole 'sleeping on your left side' thing is for the birds. All I want to do is sleep on my right side. I'm working on it REALLY hard though. Promise.

Best moment of the week: Obviously it's finding out that our little banana (that's how long baby is this week), actually HAS a banana! Or, you know, boy parts. :)

Movement: I'm still having a hard time deciphering gas & baby movement...but at the ultrasound, baby boy clearly punched the sonogram wand and I felt it while seeing it on the screen...super exciting! My doctor said by 22 weeks I'll be feeling him move all the time.

Food cravings: The saltier, the better. But really anything is delicious. Sadly the doc says my love of salt is leading to extra water retention (read: weight gain), so she gave me a list of foods to use sparingly because they are loaded with salt. On the list? EVERY. THING. I. LOVE. TO. EAT. ugh.

Gender: All boy! The nurse was pointing out that it was a boy on the screen and said "that is a text book sonogram picture of a little boy" and Todd proudly announced "clearly he takes after his father". Good thing the lights were dimmed in the room because I turned red. Todd is SO proud. As am I. Because I grew up with a big brother, I always imagined that when I had kids, I would have a boy first. Don't get me wrong, I want to have one of each...but I always wanted to have the boy first, and clearly we're right on track :) Plus Todd didn't want to be outnumbered 3 to 1 with me, Whinnie, AND a baby girl...so now our gender teams will be even!

What I'm looking forward to: Picking out baby boy names, buying baby boy clothes, and generally having our baby boy because now that we know it's a boy, it all is starting to feel "real", and now I just can't wait for him to get here so we can love on him!

Weekly wisdom: Just when you think the belly has "popped", you'll wake up and it will be a full size larger than the day before. And yes, it probably has to do with the extra portion of salty foods you consumed the night before...

No comments: