Thursday, October 14, 2010

21 Weeks

This week, Todd has been consistently putting his face up to my belly and calling the baby by the one name we have agreed on so far. I have a strong feeling this name is going to stick. But I'm hoping we can keep it a secret until baby boy arrives. Until then, I'm loving hearing Todd call him by name. Makes my heart happy :)

On to the survey...to which I've added a couple new items that I've seen on other blogs:

How far along: 21 weeks (this past Tuesday). Movin' right along!

Maternity clothes: Pretty much only maternity clothes. Although today I have on a short sleeve sweater dress that is not maternity, but goes great over leggings. I also think it's time I invested in some maternity lounge pants/pajama pants, because trying to squeeze in to my current non-maternity ones is a little uncomfortable. The waist just doesn't sit right.

Sleep: Other than the fact that Whinnie has been sleeping on top of my head the past few nights, sleep has been great! I still have to get up to use the bathroom a few times each night, and when the alarm goes off I can't help hitting snooze a few times and then deciding that "today just isn't a hair-washing kind of day". But I'm pretty sure that was my norm even before getting pregnant...

Best moment of the week: WELL! It was either when a stranger randomly asked me when I was due (previous post) or it was Monday night when I could officially tell that baby boy was bouncing around in there, and for once, it wasn't gas. And now I can totally identify his movements and it really does feel just like people have described it "bubbles or butterflies". It's bizarre, but so exciting. I can't wait until he gets a little stronger and can really jab me so Todd can feel him, too!

Movement: Lots! He particularly likes to move around just prior to bed time, or about 3o-45 mins after I've eaten. I love feeling him move!

Food cravings: Nothing in particular that I can think of...but mom is taking me and sis-in-law to a craft fair and lunch on Saturday and the Greek salad that I plan on ordering has taken over my thoughts. Yum!

Stretch marks: Not yet...and here's hoping to never get them. I bought a big bottle of cocoa butter lotion and have been smearing it on my belly as often as possible. Only problem is it smells a lot like suntan lotion and makes me self conscious that someone is going to wonder if I ran out of regular lotion and had to lube up with the coppertone.

Gender: Pretty sure he's still a boy :) Though somebody said to me "you can't be 100% sure until they are born!" to which I replied, "if that's the case, she's got a third arm growing in down there..." Modern technology is amazing people...and these sono pics don't lie!

What I miss: Pumpkin spice coffee/lattes from 7-11. This morning was a serious "I need a fall coffee drink that tastes nothing like coffee, but wakes me up" kind of day. I thought about stopping at the gas station near our house that has the. best. pumpkin spice lattes. ever, but decided I could spare baby boy the caffeine.

What I'm looking forward to: Aside from my Greek salad on Saturday? Registering and starting the nursery!

Weekly wisdom: Hot tea = gas ALL day. Trust me...I'm never drinking hot tea again.

No comments: