Yesterday was the four year "anniversary" of my blog. I started writing this blog in September of 2008 -- about two months after Todd proposed -- as a way to document planning our wedding. I had no idea that four years later, I'd still be writing here.
It's amazing to think about all that has happened to us in four short years -- wedding planning, a wedding, a honeymoon, a pregnancy, a baby, hilarious moments of married bliss and parenthood, happy times with family, and, of course, lots of tears (both happy and sad!).
I'm so grateful for all that has happened in our lives in these past four years, and even more so, I'm glad that I took the time to write down so many of our little moments, stories, quips, and memories. I know I've forgotten to document plenty of things, but I know that one day we will be able to look back at my blog and read about Nick's first visit to the pumpkin patch, or crack up as we remember a conversation Todd and I had on a random Tuesday night.
Our life may not be perfect. There may be a lot of posts about Nick's sleeplessness, Whinnie's pooping, and my raging hormones. But the memories are abundant and documented and I can't wait for my grandchildren to read this one day and say "Gramma...I love reading about my Daddy as a baby".
As much as I don't want to think about time moving that quickly, that alone is motivation enough to keep on writing.
So thanks to all who have been reading, commenting, or providing me with material for this blog. I hope you'll continue to read along on our little journey because believe me, we're just getting started!
No comments:
Post a Comment