Nick had his 15 month well baby check-up last night and it's safe to say he is growing like a weed! The nurse even said "uhm, can I measure his height one more time just to make sure I did it right?" and I said "sure...why, does something seem off?" and she said "I just want to make sure he really did grow that much." And grow he did...homeboy went from the 50th percentile for height & weight at his 12 month appointment, to now being in over the 80th percentile for everything! He is 31.5 inches long and weighs 25lbs, 4oz. Big boy! No wonder I've felt like he's been growing overnight...he literally has!
Here are a few quick pics I snapped while he was patiently sitting on the exam table, completely unsuspecting of the shots to come....
He was apparently super thirsty. The boy loves drinking water.
We bought him this fantastic toddler Nalgene bottle at REI that won't break. Only problem is, with water in it, the darn thing weighs like 4lbs. Which is heavy for a little guy...and totally weighs down the already stuffed diaper bag. But indestructibility trumps heft in this case.
We ended the visit with 3 vaccines -- one in his thigh, and one in each arm -- his first time getting shots in the arm. And believe me when I tell you, he was NOT pleased. But true to tough-guy form, he bounced back within seconds and all was well.
Nick,
It's hard to believe it's been 15 months since you entered our lives, and changed them forever - for the better. You are so full of energy, spunk, and charm. You are sweet, loving and caring. Every day with you is exciting and it's so fun to get to experience things again for the first time through your eyes. You love every person you come in contact with, regardless of age, race, size, or disability. People can't help but feel loved in your presence as you indiscriminately blow kisses at strangers and wave hello to passersby. I hope you are always as kind-hearted and non-judgemental as you are right now. I hope your daddy and I can continue to teach you how much good there is in this world, and how you are a big contributing factor to that good. And I hope you will always know that you can depend on us and feel safe and secure in our arms -- that our love for you is completely unwavering...stable...and far deeper than you will ever be able to comprehend. You are our world, baby boy... And we love you more than you know...
Love, Mommy & Daddy




No comments:
Post a Comment