Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cake Topper

Very few of you may know that I have a small affinity for Willow Tree figurines. I've had this affinity since my brother bought me the "Angel of Friendship" figure the Christmas after I got Whinnie. Totally melted my heart.

My affinity grew stronger the first time we visited Jay and Larissa in Scranton and I saw their gorgeous "Together" statue, which they eventually bought for us to have in our own home as well.

Then, this past Christmas, I was browsing for presents and came across the "Promise" cake topper and fell in love. I didn't buy it, as I wasn't sure at the time what our cake was going to look like and if it would go with the theme. We eventually picked out our cake and it was apparent that the cake topper would be too much on top of the cake design. So I sort of cast my desire for the "Promise" topper aside and forgot about it. Until recently.



The other day on my lunch break, I stopped into Hallmark and couldn't help browsing the Willow Tree section. They had the "Promise" cake topper in stock and without even thinking, I grabbed one, made a beeline for the check-out, bought it, and happily skipped out of the store. My mom and I decided we would put the figurine on the cake table, next to (not on top of) the cake. I'm so in love with this figurine that I don't even care if it doesn't go with the wedding colors or theme at all...but I have a feeling it will be a perfect representation of the day...the "Promise" that we are making to each other. And I know this piece will look beautiful in my (still small) collection of Willow Tree figures for years to come, and when I look at it, I'll always remember my Wedding Day and the promise that Todd and I share.

2 comments:

Jessiedc28 said...

I love it! And I too love those little figurines. I think they came out just after 9/11 and I thought they were so original and beautiful.

Your post has made me want to run out and buy one for the nursery!

Melissa said...

OOOH! You totally should!!